5400 Amenity Building
Notice - As of Jan 11, 2022, the City of Calgary amended the Vaccine Passport Bylaw to include all "in-scope" facilities listed under the Provincial Health Order. Notification(s) will be sent out shortly with more information on how this will impact our Amenity Building.
Notice - New Provincial Restrictions regarding social gatherings come into effect 16th & 20th September. Additional guidelines are listed below. More information can be found on the Community Page.
- Attendees must be with household members only, or 2 close contacts if they live alone.
- Masks and 2 metre physical distancing is required at all times (with the exception of when participating in a physical fitness activity in which case physical distancing of 3 metres is required). Mask exceptions include those under 2 years old, while eating or drinking, while engaging in physical activity and those with a valid medical exception letter, which should be carried with them. Masks are to be worn, not including those exceptions, regardless of vaccination status.
- Maximum capacity restricted to 1/3 fire code occupancy.
While vaccinations greatly reduce the risk of serious infection from Covid-19, they are still not guaranteed to provide total protection and with the increase in variant cases, we appreciate everyone doing their part in following the recommendations and preventing any outbreaks.
Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
Instructions on Amenity Building Use:
- Do not enter if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Do not enter if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Enter at your own risk
- Please sign in at the entrance and provide the date, time, your name and unit number. This is required to conduct COVID-19 contact tracing, if necessary.
- Hand sanitizer is provided and recommended use upon entry.
- Mask use is mandatory (effective Sept 4th), regardless of vaccination status.
- Sanitization wipes are provided for use on surfaces, such as tables and other high touch surfaces.
- The showers, saunas and lower level bathrooms/change rooms remain CLOSED at this time.
- The pool remains CLOSED.
- The exercise room is available. Due to the size of this room, there should be no more than one cohort using the exercise room at one time.
- The squash court is available.
- The pool table, shuffleboard table and air hockey table are available for use. You may play table tennis if you bring your own paddles and ball. After use, please wipe high touch equipment and tables with disinfecting wipes provided.
- Dishes and utensils have been removed from the kitchen. Please bring your own mugs/glasses.
- Contact our property management company Simco: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a positive COVID-19 test within 14 days of using this facility.
Thank you, 5400 Condominium Board of Directors.
The Amenity Building is the heart of our condo community, offering a variety of activities on two levels. The upper level includes a lounge area, small kitchen, southwest-facing elevated patio, badminton court and a games room with pool table, table tennis, air hockey and shuffleboard. The lower level includes a large indoor pool with an outdoor patio, men's and women's change rooms with showers and saunas, squash court and an exercise room with an elliptical trainer, treadmill, stationary bicycle and weight machine.
Building Hours: 6:00am to 11:00pm daily.
Squash Court hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm daily.
Renting for Private Functions
PRIVATE FUNCTION RENTAL BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DUE TO RECENT COVID RESTRICTIONS
Rental of the upper floor of the Amenity Building for private functions is $50 per evening or $100 per evening on weekends coinciding with statutory holidays (Note: No bookings allowed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day).
A $300 damage deposit cheque is required and returned upon post-event inspection, as long as everything is clean and in order. If you would like to entertain in the Amenity Building with more than 5 adult non-resident guests per unit, you need to arrange rental of the upper floor. This gives you exclusive use, during your rental period, of the games area (pool table, table tennis, air hockey table, shuffleboard), kitchen and lounge area and the badminton court. Capacity for events is 50 people.
Rentals are specifically reserved for unit owners and renters of units, upon signed approval of the unit's owner on the Recreation Centre rental agreement.
Times available for rental:
Sunday - Thursday, 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Fridays and Saturdays, 6:00pm - 1:00am
Rentals for times outside of these hours may be arranged upon special request.
The pool and rest of the lower level is not available for private functions so that all residents and their guest have uninterrupted access to this area.
The upper level is available for rental on holiday weekends for a cost of $100. Bookings are not available on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's eve, and New Year's day.